To provide specialised Data Science function within Nampak R&D that is able to organize and analyze large portions of data in order to provide Nampak’s production lines with findings that they can use to make informed operational decisions.
- Conforming to all R&D safety and risk requirements
- Identify and act on new opportunities for data driven business in data science and analytics.
- Document methods, procedures & processes in technical areas of work
- Assumes a role in publication of technical information in manuals, guides, scientific/technical journals and similar communications.
- Maintain & improve the quality, capability & credibility of the unit
- Recognise when existing solutions can be generalised to solve new problems.
- Assists other scientists conducting research into a field related to the development of new improved technical processes, products or methodologies
- Work in a collaborative environment developing data science methods, tools, and to solve problems.
- Analytical modelling using various modelling platforms
- Machine learning
- Database configuration and management
- Data analysis experience – minimum of four years relevant work experience
- Data Modelling
- Post graduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Econometrics, Actuarial Science, or equivalent experience.
- Deep learning
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A