Website South African National Parks - SANParks
A challenging vacancy exists for a Bioinformatics and Science Support Manager, based at the Cape Research Centre, working with the Scientific Services division of South African National Parks (SANParks). The successful candidate will lead and coordinate an initiative to modernise biological species data management at SANParks.
- Manage relationships with the donor and project partners, including SANBI
- Oversee a project team and manage finance according to SANParksâ policies and procedures
- Manage and administer a complex two-year national-scale project
- Coordinate development of knowledge systems and facilitate data management, synthesis and use for informing SANParks’ conservation actions
- A driver’s license and willingness to travel to national parks across the country
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge and experience in data management, including in database development.
- Sound understanding of taxonomy and South Africa’s biodiversity datasets
- Good working knowledge of GIS
Qualification & Experience:
- MSc degree in Natural Science/Information Science or equivalent qualification.
- Experience working with geographically-dispersed project teams.
- Five years of project management/coordination experience
- Experience working with GBIF data and APIs.
- Strong experience in manipulation and analysis of large datasets from different sources
Company: South African National Parks – SANParks
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A