To facilitate and assist with the integration of climate related risks into the traditional risk types (i.e. credit risk, operational risk, market risk , business risks etc) and assist the Head of Climate Risk to ensure the transition across the enterprise.
- Documenting and communicating governance associated with climate change risk management.
- Keep abreast of regulatory and industry trends in energy and climate change to develop strategies to ensure Climate-related risks appropriately address these trends.
- Be climate risk brand ambassador by driving confidently driving awareness and training climate change.
- Ensure and assist with coordinating the revision of relevant risk appetite statements, policies and processes.
- Leadership, networking and influencing skills – with a track record of working internally across different business functions and with subject matter experts and subject matter leaders at a corporate and regional level
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Principles of project management
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Implementation of IT systems and Digitalisation (eg process automation)
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Significant risk management experience in banking across the various Risk types and the ability to integrate the various risk types with specific reference to Climate-related Risks
- 5 years to 8 years financial services experience
- Chartered Accountant , Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Banking experience, inclusive of client facing experience across various functions
- Member of Institute of Risk Management of South Africa and/or Compliance Institute of South Africa
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Financial Services
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A