The purpose of GIA is to provide independent, objective assurance to the Nedbank Group Limited Board of Directors via the Group Audit Committee that the governance processes, management of risk and systems of internal control are adequate and effective to mitigate the risks (in line with GIA Internal Audit Methodology), both current and emerging, that threaten the achievement of the Group’s strategy and key objectives, and in so doing help improve the internal control and risk culture of the Group
- Maintain and report on whether the audit team has sufficient professional audit staff with knowledge, skills, experience, and professional qualifications to meet the requirements of the audit plan.
- Implement effective and efficient audit processes to ensure that audit processes are optimised and comply with regulatory and corporate governance expectations of internal audit functions.
- Report significant issues related to the processes for controlling the activities of the Group, including potential improvements to those processes with emphasis on programme assurance initiatives.
- Provide insights from the outcomes of internal audit work to appropriate governing bodies.
- Coaching and mentoring others
- Conducting quality reviews of internal audit files
- Identifying business risks
- Conducting and managing multiple audits simultaneously
- Managing a team of professionals
- Checking accuracy of reports and record
Qualification & Experience:
- Significant internal audit and / or information technology experience in banking.
- 3 – 5 years Programme Assurance experience with specific experience relating to assurance of Agile Programme Management or Development methodologies preferred.
- 6-8 years working experience as a Senior Audit Manager: Strategic Initiative Assurance
- Leadership experience leading and managing teams.
- Banking experience, inclusive of client facing experience (preferably);
- Ability to operate at a Senior level; and
- Agile auditing experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Financial Services
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A