To assist with overall measurement, monitoring and management of liquidity risk across the Group within the Board approved risk framework while contributing to the implementation of world class liquidity risk standards.
- Engagement with BASA (Banking Association of South African) and the SARB (South African Reserve Bank) within Nedbank approved channels
- Work directly with business to ensure sound understanding of strategic liquidity risk management and value- adding contribution to enhance proactive liquidity risk management
- Assist with the review and update of the ICAAP/ ILAAP and Liquidity Simulation for the African Subsidiaries, London Branch and Nedbank Private Wealth International.
- Challenge liquidity risk models, including evaluating the reasonableness of inputs/ assumptions and performing output analysis to test the functionality of the models
- Sharing information in different ways to increase stakeholders understanding.
- Analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data
- Interacting with various levels of management
- Influencing stakeholders to obtain buy-in for concepts and ideas.
- Communicating complex written information.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 or more years’ experience within a risk environment in the banking industry, ideally in a balance sheet management role with liquidity risk management and or ALM modelling exposure.
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- BSc. Degree, Chartered Accountant CA(SA), Financial Risk Management (FRM).
- Professional Qualifications/Honour’s Degree
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Financial Services
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A