The File Assessor will be responsible for auditing and reconciliation of patient accounts for accurate submission of accounts in accordance with the Netcare billing principles and policies and Netcare tariffs and billing guidelines
- Any other duties assigned by the Billings Manager from time to time
- Assessing of actual accommodation, level of care and length of stay of patients.
- Final assessing of accounts
- Assessing of long term patient accounts to ensure accurate interim of inpatient accounts.
- Knowledge and application of ARS contracts
- Application of clinical knowledge in reviewing ICD and CPT Coding of patient accounts
- Following up on queries in order to maintain target of Discharge Not yet billed below 3 days
- Ensuring that billing mapping is carried out on every account prior to final billing
- Ability to implement and stay abreast of changes effectively
- Assume responsibility for own personal and professional development.
- Computer literate
- Experience in scale of benefits and ARS contracts
- Previous experience in a multidisciplinary hospital environment
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF Level 4 Qualification
- Clinical or hospital experience is an advantage
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A