The Nursing Unit Manager will be responsible for co-ordinating improved quality nursing care by ensuring compliance to professional and ethical practice. The incumbent will also be responsible for monitoring and ensuring that nursing care and service delivery is implemented and practiced within a multi-disciplinary quality assurance team. In accordance the incumbent will be accountable for coordinating capacity building, mentoring and training.
- Assist with patient and doctors’ complaints.
- Liaise with National Nursing Services Manager and staff.
- Liaise with doctors to support detailed feedback regarding patients care, providing good quality patient service.
- Perform various tasks as assigned by management.
- Identification, implementation and monitoring of Quality Improvement Programmes (QIP).
- Promote and preserve the caring and professional approach of the nursing team in patient-centred care.
- Identify, implement and evaluate process improvements and quality assurance
- Promote and coordinate training and development of the nursing department.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ensure all Health and Safety regulations are adhered to.
- Mentoring, monitoring and management of nursing department.
- Revision, development and update of nursing policies when needed.
- Solid decision making skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge and experience in Occupational Health & Safety and Infection Prevention & Control.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to positively motivate others.
- A disposition towards high quality and excellent patient care.
- Knowledge and experience in Quality Assurance and Risk Management.
- Knowledge and experience in disciplinary codes and procedures.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience and / or qualification in a nursing management capacity (Nursing Manager/Unit Manager).
- Proof of Registration as a Psychiatric Nurse with SANC.
- Excellent leadership qualities – able to function well and independently under pressure.
- Proof of Registration as a Registered Nurse with the South African Nursing Council (SANC).
- Well-developed interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Minimum of 2 years recent Psychiatric experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A