Website National Health Laboratory Service - NHLS
- Responsible for overseeing and training of staff.
- Designing of local and national intervention and programs
- Responsible for overall management of multiple research projects, interpretation, techniques and procedures.
- Uses expertise and specialized knowledge to advise medical professional on appropriate testing and interpretation of results.
- Responsible for development and implementation of proposals/protocol/new technology and new approaches.
- Independent research and managing a research group, producing complex and scientific reports.
- Registered with HPCSA as a Medical Scientist in Genetics
- Principal/Co investigator with successful funding applications for new separate projects
- Author or co-author on peer reviewed journal manuscripts or book chapters
- Local and national invited membership
- Evidence of national and international conference and other research forum presentation by candidate or supervised students.
- Full funding of own research group activities
Qualification & Experience:
- MSc or equivalent in Medical Science in relevant field. PhD in Genetics
- PhD is strongly recommended
- 5 years’ relevant experience as Medical Scientist
- At least 1 year’s laboratory management experience
- Successful supervision /co-supervise BSc Hons, MSc, MMED, PhD
- External examiner of Masters and PhD Dissertation/Thesis
Company: National Health Laboratory Service – NHLS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A