Website National Health Laboratory Service - NHLS
- To ensure analysts do not issue an incorrect result by reviewing analytical data and reports
- Oversee administrative duties and analytical service of the section,
- Put controls in place to ensure analysts correct result, reports, and accurate court testimony.
- Handle queries, complaints and to prioritize samples/cases.
- Guard against any unauthorized, irregular, or fruitless expenditure.
- Ensure that invoices, delivery notes and service reports are timeously captured
- Have a register for certified standards and reference material to indicate expiry dates etc.
- Ensure that staff is competent and trained to discharge their duties.
- Compliance with the health and safety act in the section.
- Knowledge of the types and uses of analytical equipment such as a gas chromatograph
- High performance liquid chromatograph, mass spectrometer, ion chromatograph, spectrophotometer, atomic absorption spectrometer.
- Rudimentary computer literacy (spreadsheets, databases, word processors).
- Sound and in-depth knowledge of analyses of foodstuffs and cosmetics as per Foodstuffs, Cosmetics and Disinfectants Act, Act 54 of 1972.
- Knowledge of the Criminal Procedures Act, Health, and Safety Act. Basic knowledge of judicial systems and court procedures.
- Knowledge of ISO17025 and its use in the laboratory.
- Knowledge of chemistry and application of analytical chemistry techniques. Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Able to remain unbiased in the examination of court evidence.
- Meticulous and capable of clear and logical thinking.
Qualification & Experience:
- BSc degree with Chemistry or Diploma in Analytical Chemistry (NQF 6)
- Honours/ Higher Diploma in Chemistry (Desirable).
- A minimum of 5 (five) years appropriate experience in a similar role
- 2 (two) years’ experience in supervisory or management
Company: National Health Laboratory Service – NHLS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A