Website Nelson Mandela University
The purpose of the role is to support the design of effective remuneration systems and policies for the University, ensure internal pay parity and external competitiveness with industry leaders and other higher education institutions and to integrate the remuneration and benefits strategy with the broader talent management strategy of the University. The role serves to influence and align internal policies and procedures with compliance to legislative requirements. The University is also committed to fairness and equity in its dealings with staff and the remuneration policy must reflect these University values.
- Drive business engineering improvement initiatives
- Manage the implementation of remuneration, benefits and recognition strategies in line with legislation, agreed upon institutional policies and guidelines
- Developing a specific cost of employment structure that enables the University to attract and retain quality and representative staff in its teaching, research, professional, administrative and service categories; and to do this inter alia with reference to appropriate market rates where these are relevant, and benchmarking specific categories where required
- Coordinate strategic remuneration and benefit projects aligned to the Human Resources strategy and university Strategy
- Maintain stakeholder relations by promoting a supportive working relationship with internal stakeholders and external service providers
- Provide support to the Head of the portfolio when necessary to provide effective leadership and training to the remuneration and benefits coordinators in the department
- Conduct and/or oversee research, trend analysis and participate in surveys
- Monitor the headcount costs and remuneration budget contingencies. Ensuring that staff costs are within the budget set by Council, and are sustainable over time.
- Thorough knowledge of legislation relevant to HR in South Africa, national and global remuneration and benefits trends
- Strong leadership skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge and application of Job profiling and evaluation techniques is advantageous
- Sound financial background, including payroll and salary budget systems
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in HR with at least 3 years in a reward/remuneration and benefits environment.
- Experience in Employee Benefits, Pension/Provident Fund and Retirement Benefits Administration will be a distinct advantage.
- M + 3 National Diploma or Degree in Human Resources/Finance related field.
Company: Nelson Mandela University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Gqebera, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A