Website Nelson Mandela University
This position is to provide administrative and operational support to the Medical School Clinical Skills Laboratory. Duties include effective record keeping and administration tasks, effective communication, and correspondence with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with administrative tasks, including developing and maintaining a filing system, copying and faxing, and keeping up to date contact information of employees, suppliers and stakeholders
- Manage front reception entry for visitors, staff and students and answer phone calls
- Schedule meetings with staff and stakeholders and maintain student schedules and attendance.
- Prepare and disseminate written correspondence to staff, students and stakeholders.
- Provide assistance with unpacking, storing and issuing of consumables, manikins and equipment.
- Assist with inventory, stock taking and marking of new equipment.
- Coordinate and manage venue bookings and prepare meeting and training rooms.
- Help maintain workplace security by issuing, checking, and collecting equipment or consumables and maintaining visitor logs.
- Ability to interact constructively with students and to work as part of a professional team in the Medical School and Faculty of Health Sciences
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Internet, email, ITS) and the willingness to learn internal software programs
- Sound knowledge of office administrative management systems.
- Well-developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and accurately complete tasks to the required standards
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 years relative work experience
- M+1 qualification in Secretarial/ Office Management/ Public relations & Communication
- Experience in store control and inventory management
- 1 years’ relevant work experience in Higher Education Institution will be an added advantage
Company: Nelson Mandela University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Gqebera, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A