Website Nelson Mandela University
The Natural Resource Science & Management Cluster at the George Campus, Nelson Mandela University, focuses on training competent managers, practitioners and scientists who can apply their skills in sustainable natural resource management systems in Africa and globally. We have a vibrant and strong community of academics and students who are passionate about the management of Africa’s unique biodiversity and forestry and agricultural production systems. Our students come from diverse backgrounds and cultures and when they complete their studies are employed by numerous entities within the natural resource management sector
- Facilitate academic engagement with stakeholders and promote trans-disciplinary research.
- Teach undergraduate and postgraduate students in the Natural Resource Science and Management Cluster in the fields of sustainability science and related disciplines.
- Perform administrative and management functions in the Cluster of Natural Resource Science & Management as needed.
- Engage and build networks within the natural resource management industry and academia.
- Conduct, supervise and publish research relevant to sustainability science and related disciplines.
- Experience in teaching a diversity of students from multiple backgrounds at different academic levels.
- An ability to develop course/educational material for learning and teaching.
- Be able to work in multi-disciplinary teams within the academic and natural resource management sector.
- Be able to conduct teaching and learning in the context of sustainability as part of a natural resource management system.
- An ability to apply theoretical scientific concepts in area of specialization (preference will be given to candidates with experience in social-ecological systems frameworks).
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of 3-5 years relevant and / or related working experience.
- A PhD Degree in a relevant field of Natural Resource Science and Management, with a focus on Sustainability Science.
- A proven track record in research and supervision, as well as leadership roles in related fields will be an added advantage.
Company: Nelson Mandela University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: George, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A