Website National Prosecuting Authority - NPA
- Advise the police on the investigation of serious, complex and organized commercial crime cases and corruption matters.
- Draft charge sheets and other court documents and represent the State in all courts.
- Conduct legal research and keep-up to date with legal developments.
- Ensure that accurate stats and governance is complied with at all times. Building and maintaining relationship with stakeholders
- Conduct prosecution of serious, complex and organised commercial crime cases and corruption matters.
- Present cases in court, lead witnesses, cross examine and address the court on conviction and sentence.
- Appear in motion proceedings and also do appeals and reviews. Generally, conduct prosecution on behalf of the State.
- Demonstrable competency in acting Independently, Professionally, Accountable and with Credibility.
- Right of appearance as contemplated in section 25(2) of the NPA Act, 32 of 1998.
- Good advocacy, well-developed skills in legal research and legal drafting skills.
- Proficiency in prosecution, competency in guiding investigations, drafting charge sheets, indictments and court documents and dealing with representations.
- Good interpersonal, analytical, presentation and communication skills.
- Knowledge of asset forfeiture law, money laundering and corruption/bribery including the relevant legislations.
Qualification & Experience:
- An LLB or any appropriate legal qualification for serving prosecutors.
- At least eight years post qualification legal experience in civil and/or criminal litigation, of which 5 years must be as prosecutor/attorney in the Regional court/High court.
Company: National Prosecuting Authority – NPA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Emalahleni, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A