Website Old Mutual
The Agile Capability Manager is responsible for building, leading and motivating scrum master & delivery teams, ensuring that they have the appropriate skills and competencies available within their respective teams and fosters a multi-disciplinary delivery team culture.
- In conjunction with the Service Delivery Managers, identify and organise additional resources based on skill capability and the requirements of the flexible delivery teams.
- Contribute to the performance management for team members actively managing both strong and poor performance.
- Plan and track progress against strategic road maps whilst challenging and providing direction.
- Lead the ongoing professional development of the capability specialists and the promotion of best practice within these teams.
- Communicate with the specialists in their capability to ensure they have the support and understanding they need to work at maximum effectiveness.
- Identify capability training and development requirement, ensuring employee knowledge and skills are appropriate to their current and future roles.
- In conjunction with the Service Delivery Managers, ensure the staffing levels, skills and capabilities meet demand.
- Actively demonstrate the importance of collaboration by working closely with all stakeholders to resolve resource issues and blockers across delivery teams.
- Contribute to the building of a strategically agile culture alongside the senior management team.
- In conjunction with the Service Delivery Manager, understand the pipeline of work. Strategically plan for future business needs and direct the timely deployment of appropriate resources.
- High level of technology awareness and experience of recruiting and /or procuring a wide range of technical expertise.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in agile software development including coaching on agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability, managing the capabilities needed to deliver in a complex operational environment.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Information Technology.
- A cooperative and outcome focused approach to employee and peer interactions with proven ability to coach and mentor employees through change, harnessing strengths and abilities to affect positive change outcomes.
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of tools and methods for delivering IT Solutions.
- Relevant Scrum Master certification.
Company: Old Mutual
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A