Website Old Mutual
This role will work closely with other technology, quantitative and risk teams as well as traders, portfolio managers, and stakeholders, to provide application support under the supervision of the technical lead. You will be required to gain a deep understanding of the vendor applications as well as support in-house applications used by our teams.
- Collaborate with other teams in technology on issue resolution and projects
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities for continuous improvements to processes, products.
- Keeping a record of configuration changes and scheduling application updates.
- Learn the businesses and the investment, hedging and trading requirements to provide business support to all stakeholders
- Performing analyses on the investment and risk application functionality and suggesting improvements.
- Provide front end support to front and middle office users and colleagues in other areas of the business and wider Old Mutual Group
- Work directly with portfolio managers, traders, financial engineers, and risk analysts in supporting various ALM hedging and other investment strategies
- Establishing the root causes of application errors and escalate serious concerns to your TL.
- Programming skills would be advantageous.
- Configuration Management
- Familiar with data warehouses and data lakes.
- Integration and automation techniques
- Familiar with programming and scripting languages e.g., C++, python, SQL
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with Investments systems, Investments Risk analysis systems and technologies.
- Experience with application systems including Windows, local client, VM, etc.
- 4 -6 years’ experience with a Financial Institution in application support role.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplined Agile and DevOps environment.
- B.Sc. Computer Science or B.Sc.(Hons) majoring in a quantitative field such as Risk Management, Mathematics, Computational Finance, Statistics or a related discipline.
Company: Old Mutual
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Financial Services
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A