Website Old Mutual
The IT Capability Manager is responsible for building, leading and motivating QA capability specialists, ensuring that they have the appropriate skills and competencies available within their respective teams and fosters a multi-disciplinary delivery team culture.
- Lead the ongoing professional development of the capability specialists and the promotion of best practice within these teams.
- Plan and track progress against strategic road maps whilst challenging and providing direction.
- Contribute to the performance management for team members actively managing both strong and poor performance.
- In conjunction with the Service Delivery Managers, ensure the staffing levels, skills and capabilities meet demand.
- Contribute to the building of a strategically agile culture alongside the senior management team.
- Communicate with the capability specialists to ensure they have the support and understanding they need to work at maximum effectiveness.
- Identify capability training and development requirement, ensuring employee knowledge and skills are appropriate to their current and future roles.
- Actively demonstrate the importance of collaboration by working closely with all stakeholders to resolve resource issues and blockers across delivery teams.
- In conjunction with the Service Delivery Managers, identify and organise additional resources based on skill capability and the requirements of the flexible delivery teams.
- Establish and formalise governance, disciplines and controls for a specialist function.
- In conjunction with the Service Delivery Managers, understand the pipeline of work. Strategically plan for future business needs and direct the timely deployment of appropriate resources.
- Minimum 10 years extensive experience in a quality assurance capacity.
- Relevant ISTQB/ISEB certificate in Software and Agile Testing.
- A cooperative and outcome focused approach to employee and peer interactions with proven ability to coach and mentor employees through change, harnessing strengths and abilities to affect positive change outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability, managing the capabilities needed to deliver in a complex operational environment.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Information Technology.
- High level of technology awareness and experience of recruiting and /or procuring a wide range of technical expertise.
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of tools and methods for delivering IT Solutions.
- Ability to guide and prioritise the diverse human resources needs of a specialist team of indirect reports with management experience.
Company: Old Mutual
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Pinelands, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A