Website Old Mutual
This role will be responsible for implementing and supporting large-scale data ecosystems across the Group. This incumbent will use best practices in cloud engineering, data management and data storage to continue our drive to optimize the way that data is stored, consumed and ultimately democratized.
- Supports the organisation’s cloud strategy and aligns to the data architecture and governance including the implementation of these data governance practices.
- Designs, develops, constructs, maintains and supports data pipelines for ETL from a multitude of sources.
- Engineer data in the appropriate formats for downstream customers, risk and product analytics or enterprise applications.
- Design and build bulk and delta data lift patterns for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data.
- Focused on data stewardship and curation, the data engineer enables the data scientist to run their models and analyses to achieve the desired business outcomes
- Enable the business to solve the problem of working with large volumes of data in diverse formats, and in doing so, enable innovative solutions.
- Ingest large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional requirements.
- Creates blueprints for data management systems to centralize, protect, and maintain data sources.
- Knowledge of Engineering and Operational Excellence using standard methodologies. Best practices in software engineering, data management, data storage, data computing and distributed systems to solve business problems with data.
- Knowledge and understanding of business process management lifecycle which covers the design, modelling, execution, monitoring, and optimization as well as business process re-engineering.
- Good problem solving skills: The ability to exercise judgment in solving technical, operational, and organizational challenges, to identify issues proactively, to present solutions and options leading to resolution
- Good programming, performance tuning and troubleshooting skills, using the latest popular programming languages such as python, scala, java and suite of Microsoft languages C# and F# preferable.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience with any data warehouse technical architectures
- Some experience in applying SAFe/Scrum/Kanban methodologies.
- Matric, with a degree in Computer Science, Business Informatics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or Engineering.
- 3+ years of data engineering experience
Company: Old Mutual
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Financial Services
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A