Website Old Mutual
As a part of our Core Technology Platform team, the individual will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on the cost of running our cloud infrastructure and service platforms. Old Mutual Limited does make use of a central tenet account hierarchy. All operational aspects will be performed to best practice policies and methodologies to ensure the performance and quality standards are met. The individual will work closely with application and core support teams, to lead by diving into usage patterns and forecasts. The individual will assist teams to align their budget expectations with their actuals. Based on this data intelligence gathering process, the individual is a key component of revenue decisions and key in defining engineering future cloud strategies. The individual will mentor, guide and facilitate the implementation of ITFM and FinOps framework within the company and be part of the TBM modelling team.
- Investigate and understand the basis for every line item in the cloud infrastructure invoices and usage data.
- Creating AI and ML capabilities, to assist in automating and less human interventions for managing of Cloud spend. By using cloud native technologies and applications as first option.
- Following Inform, Optimize and Operate methodology by ensuring resource utilization versus estimates are realistic and achievable.
- Finding anomalies in usage patterns and giving quick feedback to course correct.
- Create mapping and upload files into Cost analytics toolsets to assist support team in building out their TCO’s, using the agreed TBM data model.
- Creating business intelligence reporting to inform the broader organization and empower support teams to facilitate the companies’ cost optimizations and to minimize companywide IT cloud resource waste.
- Create and maintaining internal documentation on FinOps and cost optimization processes
- Producing real-time data to predict usage patterns, to use in making decisions for optimizing and being able to tell the data stories in the reporting to all levels of management and support.
- Data storyboarding (monitoring and measuring)
- Problem Finding and Solving
- Data-driven and attention to detail and big picture
- Action Oriented
- Measuring capabilities (Process and Finance)
- Continuous Improvement Management
Qualification & Experience:
- Some working experience with cost structure of AWS products and services.
- Some working experience with BI, warehousing and/or cost tracking tools such as Tableau, Microsoft Power Platform, AWS-Athena, AWS-QuickSight.
- Familiarity with other cloud service provides is beneficial.
- Must have either AWS Cloud Certified Practitioner, Azure Fundamentals Certification or equivalent.
- Must be a member of the FinOps Community.
- Keep up to date on the latest cloud products and trends related to costs.
- FinOps Practitioner certification, or equivalent, is preferred
Company: Old Mutual
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Pinelands, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A