Website Petra Diamonds
Reporting to the Manager: Mining, the role will manage and coordinate the section to ensure safe installation, proper operation, running and maintenance for optimum availability at the lowest cost according to operational requirements, organisational objectives and sound engineering practice.
- Responsible for risk evaluation and alleviation within design of systems, equipment and products (Technical and Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ).
- Responsible for the execution of discipline design (systems, equipment and products) through to documentation and data pack management.
- Execute and approve administrative tasks, including applicable systems (e.g. Pipware, Modern Flow, ESS, Xtime, Isometrix).
- Provide Engineering expertise and skills to the operation; advising on engineering solutions to enhance or ensure the effectiveness of the operation.
- Responsible as a Regulation 2.13.1 legal appointee for underground / surface and projects execution as outlined in legal appointment.
- Coordinate the design of new equipment and ensure integration with the application of existing technology and resources.
- Analyse maintenance trends and variances, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Have knowledge and skill in implementing preventative maintenance schedules.
- Know and understand responsibilities for legal appointment.
- Demonstrate knowledge regarding sound engineering principles and practices.
- Ensure that safety, health and environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Know and understand continuous improvement methods and techniques.
Qualification & Experience:
- Management Development Programme (MDP) or equivalent qualification.
- DMRE Certificate GCC Mines and Works (Electrical or Mechanical).
- Computer Literacy and Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate).
- Degree (B Tech, B Eng Tech, B Eng. or B Sc) Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Company: Petra Diamonds
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Kimberley, Northern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A