Website Petra Diamonds
Reporting to the Manager: Engineering, the role will manage and coordinate the section to ensure safe installation, proper operation, running and maintenance for optimum availability at the lowest cost according to operational requirements, organisational objectives and sound engineering practice
- Responsible to perform fault-finding via drawings for effective equipment availability.
- Provide input into the departmental budget. Manage the budget for the area of responsibility. Responsible for the generation of cost saving ideas.
- Responsible as a Regulation 22.214.171.124 legal appointee for underground / Shaft / surface and TMM’s as outlined in legal appointment.
- Responsible for the execution of discipline design (systems, equipment and products) through to documentation and data pack management.
- Plan and coordinate major shutdowns with internal and external clients to ensure the timeous allocation of resources.
- Ensure that safety, health and environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Have knowledge and skill in implementing preventative maintenance schedules.
- Know and understand responsibilities for legal appointment.
- Know and understand continuous improvement methods and techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge regarding sound engineering principles and practices.
- Analyse maintenance trends and variances, identifying opportunities for improvement.
Qualification & Experience:
- DMRE Certificate GCC Mines and Works (Electrical or Mechanical).
- Working experience on Shafts and Winders.
- Working experience in Surface / Underground and TMM
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a mining environment.
- Degree (B Tech, B Eng Tech, B Eng. or B Sc) Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Company: Petra Diamonds
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Kimberley, Northern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A