Website Petra Diamonds
Reporting to the Foreman Engineering: Mechanical, the role is responsible for the installation, maintenance, fault finding and repair of mechanical equipment within the mechanical discipline according to sound engineering practice and equipment specifications
- Perform standby duties and attend to breakdowns.
- Responsible for compressor maintenance as applicable.
- Responsible for cutting, theorizing, bending, lapping and installing hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines.
- Responsible for winder machinery , maintenance signal devices and safety devices as applicable
- Responsible for ventilation equipment e.g. main / booster fans as applicable.
- Responsible for erecting machines and equipment on-site.
- Ensure that all Engineering reporting is aligned with standards, guidelines and schedules.
- Responsible for the overhauling and repairing of mechanical parts and fluid power equipment.
- Do Planned Maintenance on equipment according to OEM specifications and safe working procedures.
- Have knowledge and skill in assembling components in a logical order and according to specifications.
- Have knowledge and skill in reading and interpreting technical diagrams, manuals and drawings.
- Have knowledge and skill to complete job cards and record actions/findings.
- Have knowledge to identify and prioritised the critical tasks to be executed during the planned shutdown.
Qualification & Experience:
- N2 National Certificate
- Grade 10
- Experience on: Crushers (Jaw); Apron feeders (hydraulic and electric); Vibrating feeders; Conveyors; Rock breakers; Pumps; Hydraulics
- Fitter Trade Test Certificate**
- A minimum of 3 years post Apprenticeship / Qualification experience as a Fitter (can be concurrent with the PDL trade experience).
Company: Petra Diamonds
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Kimberley, Northern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A