Website Pikitup Johannesburg (SOC) Ltd
To provide strategic, technical and operational management support to the Chief Operating Officer in the transformation of Pikitup operations towards a high performing organisation.
- Introduce uniform standards and procedures of operation through all depots, and in doing so introduce a consistent standard of service delivery excellence across the City.
- Build a strong culture of governance and compliance through the tracking and resolving of all audit findings.
- Proactively manage all labour disputes and create a conducive and cooperative relationship between management, workers and Unions.
- Improve operations infrastructure so that depots represent excellent places of work for an employee of the City of Johannesburg.
- Ensure a consistent, impactful and long-term approach to skills development is introduced and sustained at the depot level.
- Knowledge of the South African Auditing Standards.
- Knowledge of internal standards relating to operations management.
- Knowledge of Fleet and Logistics Management.
- Knowledge of local and international trends and best practices in operations management and waste management.
- Knowledge and/or understanding of Municipal Finance Management Act (MFMA) and regulations.
- Strong commercial knowledge understanding.
- Knowledge of Treasury Regulations and Public Service Regulations.
Qualification & Experience:
- 10 years operations management experience.
- 5 years’ experience at senior management level.
- A postgraduate qualification in in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Experience working in a public service or local government environment.
Company: Pikitup Johannesburg (SOC) Ltd
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Operations
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A