Website Pikitup Johannesburg (SOC) Ltd
The General Manager Landfill, reporting to the COO, plans, directs, and manages landfill operations for Pikitup. This entails developing a comprehensive technical and engineering support service regarding the disposal function of Pikitup, including ensuring the conformance and compliance of the operations of the disposal function to the prevailing waste disposal requirements, legislation and service standards.
- Coordination of disposal operations.
- Finance and Resource Management.
- Sustainable operating budget control.
- Initiation and managing of operational and capital projects.
- Ensuring environmental Compliance.
- Planning development and maintenance of waste disposal.
- Knowledge of the South African Auditing Standards.
- Knowledge of South African labour legislation.
- Understanding of Municipal Finance Management Act (MFMA) and related regulations.
- Knowledge of Treasury Regulations and Public Service Regulations.
- Strong commercial understanding.
- Knowledge of Fleet and Logistics Management.
- Knowledge of industry standards, best practices and trends in the discipline.
Qualification & Experience:
- Driver’s license and access to own vehicle.
- A minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience in landfills / waste management or comparable environment.
- A relevant postgraduate qualification including MBA or MBL, will be an added advantage.
- Experience working in a public service or local government environment.
- 10 years of relevant experience in a comparable environment.
- 5 years’ experience at senior management level.
Company: Pikitup Johannesburg (SOC) Ltd
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Operations
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A