Website South African National Biodiversity Institute - SANBI
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for a self-motivated individual to plan and implement day-to-day care of the animals and the supervision of animal attendants in their sections.
- Attend to breeding, game capture, and animal display
- Ensure environmental enrichment and Animal Conditioning training
- Maintain tools and equipment and attend to enclosure maintenance and pest control
- Attend to conservation administration, HR responsibilities, and stakeholder relations.
- Perform animal care & feeding duties
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to do physical labour and work outdoors in inclement weather is essential
- Advanced planning, organizing, and problem solving skills
- Strong passion for animals and knowledge of captive animal husbandry are essential
- Ability to work with diverse team is essential
- The possession of a valid driver’s licence with at least one-year practical driving experience and a willingness to travel are essential.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 years’ experience in ex situ animal conservation with at least one (1) year in the relevant animal order, and one (1) year in a supervisory role are essential.
- Postgraduate qualification or equivalent and relevant qualification at NQF 8 will be an added advantage.
- This position requires an advanced diploma or degree in Zoology, Nature Conservation, Game Ranch Management, Animal Health or equivalent and relevant qualification with NQF 7.
Company: South African National Biodiversity Institute – SANBI
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A