Website South African National Parks - SANParks
The successful candidate will locate, review and synthesise existing literature (peer-reviewed and grey) and important findings from ongoing research (by SANParks and external researchers) across parks to produce various âState of Knowledgeâ reports for freshwater and estuarine systems. The incumbent will be based in the Garden Route & Frontier Research Unit, working out of our offices in either Knysna or Sedgefield. S/he will work closely with SANParks scientists and managers on this critical project.
- Identify, collate and review diverse knowledge forms relevant to freshwater and estuarine systems in SANParks.
- Identify, review and analyse (if needed) SANParks’Â datasets and/or other data from open access repositories and/or in conjunction with external research collaborators
- Where appropriate, publish in relevant scientific journals
- Draft, consult on and finalise internal state of knowledge science reports.
- Plan report content through end-user consultation.
- Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Excellent networking and collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Proven experience in successfully leading the writing of scientific reviews and reports.
- At least an MSc in the appropriate Natural Science field.
- Experience working in freshwater and estuarine social-ecological systems.
- At least three years of post-graduate working experience in an ecological field Sound knowledge and understanding of the diversity and functioning of freshwater and estuarine ecosystems in South Africa.
Company: South African National Parks – SANParks
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: George, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A