Website Santam Insurance
The incumbent will be responsible for development, testing, maintaining, and supporting software that meets business requirements on the commercial underwriting and claims applications.
- Identify of potential risks/issues and give input into risk plan.
- Attention to non-functional requirements during software development (performance, load, response, etc.)
- Collaborate with teams across the SDLC, from requirements analysis, through to implementation in a self-managed team environment.
- Generate test data to ensure developed software works according to requirements.
- Prepare and produce release documents for software migration to production.
- Investigate and resolve root causes of incidents and problems.
- Support and maintain developed applications and services.
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Competent in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Team player that can provide support, share responsibilities and maintaining communication with fellow teammates.
- Behavioral-Driven Development (BDD)
- Object oriented development (OOD)
- Investigation and analysis of information
- Ability to work in a highly pressurized and dynamic environment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant Tertiary IT qualification and/or qualification through experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ IT development experience across the systems development lifecycle
- Solid experience in J2EE
Company: Santam Insurance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Insurance
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A