Website Santam Insurance
A position as Senior Internal Auditor exists in Group Internal Audit: Santam Corporate Services – SANDTON. The incumbent will be responsible for conducting various types of assurance and consulting reviews across the Santam Ltd Group (includes subsidiaries, portfolio managers, underwriting agencies and international partners).
- Responsible for audit execution, from planning to report finalisation.
- Implementation and improvement of general quality assurance on all audit work.
- Prepare audit findings with thorough root cause analysis and practical recommendations.
- Follow up on audit issues raised and provide input into the reports to the audit committee and other relevant risk committees.
- Maintain quality standards in terms of the audit methodology, approach and documentation.
- Audit planning in terms of assignment objectives, scope of work and budgets.
- Developing and review of audit procedures to test adequacy and effectiveness of controls.
- Completed articles (external audit)
- Understanding of key controls and risk management
- Facilitation skills and ability to influence individuals, groups and teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Conceptual and innovative thinker
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in insurance related financial audits and knowledge of insurance processes
- 4 to 5 years internal auditing experience.
- Internal Audit / Accounting or equivalent qualification.
- CA / ACCA / CIA or studying towards
Company: Santam Insurance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Insurance
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A