Sappi Southern Africa requires a Business Process Engineer to drive the development of detailed business requirements (SAP / Non-SAP) and coordinate the analysis, design, development, testing and deployment of business processes and system improvements within Finance. Maintain Finance and Controlling integration from SAP/Non-SAP modules from SD, PM, MM and PP into FI/CO followed through to BW and BPC for end-users and business process owners.
- Recommend solution alternatives to business owners.
- Provide regular updates and reports to business owners.
- Assist with the deployment of a structured change plan including stakeholder updates, communication, training and training manuals.
- Provide specific business area subject matter input and facilitate the development of business requirements for new or improved business and system processes. Use techniques such as brainstorming, document analysis, focus groups, requirements workshops and prototyping to obtain complete and accurate business requirements.
- Drive the development of a specific area’s functional specifications (business controls, system functions, information flows, system controls). Document business rules, the data dictionary/glossary and data models as applicable. Use Sappi standards for business process and system notation as well as data definitions. Ensure that functional specifications are detailed enough to enable technical design.
- Analyse the proposed changes against existing processes to determine the change impact.
- Review current state processes and identify problem areas, inefficiencies and control weaknesses. Proactively identify improvement opportunities.
- Participate in user acceptance testing. Provide detailed feedback on whether the developed solution meets the documented business requirements.
- Educate/support business colleagues on current and future system capabilities/system solutions to drive continuous improvement.
- Evaluate requirements against the business objectives of the specific functional area and highlight where the planned changes are misaligned.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 years of experience with Process Design, Deployment and/or support experience utilizing and configuring the SAP FICO module with a heavy focus in Product Costing, Cost Center/Profit, Center/Internal Order
- Accounting, General Ledger, Intercompany/Intracompany setups, Sales and Distribution FI integration.
- 5 – 8 years accounting / controlling experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting / CIMA
- SAP FI/CO system certification relevant to the specific business area would be an advantage
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A