Sappi Forestry Operations- Mpumalanga requires a Forestry Manager – Technical and Civils to plan, execute & achieve regional management objectives & targets for assets management within resource & SHEQ parameters to ensure a sustainable fibre supply and promote, co-ordinate and facilitate the identification and development of technological solutions, policies, and procedures for Harvesting and Silviculture to best optimise the available resources in conjunction with operational managers.
- Transfer knowledge of successfully demonstrated practices from other Sappi plantations and outside companies to improve operational practices and induce a measure of divisional standardisation (included are Divisional Integrated Management System (DIMS) projects, Best Operating Practices, Systems, Procedures and Technical Projects).
- Liaise and collaborate with various stakeholders to establish and manage ideas for technical innovation. Communicate these ideas to the management team and Contractor Leadership Forums.
- Drive the integration of Harvesting and Silviculture operations by liaising with various stakeholders (Area & Forestry Managers, General Manager, Contractors, etc).
- Identify and implement solutions to problems by evaluating (not limited to) technical and financial alternatives, and present the proposed solution to the operational manager.
- Accountable for roads, village construction and maintenance plans to meet operational requirements.
- Initiate and participate in relevant projects based on regional priorities. Includes integrated management systems and multidisciplinary teams. Participates in and facilitates technical committees.
- Establish a Technical Review Forum in conjunction with other technical staff and departments.
- Monitor operational roads and civil projects to ensure execution to standards.
- Contribute to the Annual Roads plan in conjunction with the tactical road maintenance plan & ensure it is within budget
- Facilitate tender site visits
- Review and update Risk Management System procedures and standards, and communicate new and revised information to the various stakeholders.
- Code EB driver’s license
- Exposure to Project Management would be considered an advantage
- At least five (5) years of Forestry Estate Management experience
- National Diploma in Forestry
- Bachelors’ Degree in Forestry or related disciplines would be considered an advantage
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Ngodwana, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A