Sappi Forests requires a Management Forester to plan, execute & achieve the operational estate management, harvesting objectives & targets for fibre production within resource & SHEQ parameters to ensure a sustainable and low cost fibre supply to Sappi mills and external customers.
- Ensure that the Harvesting budget is managed effectively by ensuring sales target tons/per day is achieved.
- Identify and ensure road & depot/sidings maintenance plans are communicated and implemented effectively.
- Compile in conjunction with Roads Engineer, annual tactical road maintenance plan.
- Develop a tactical plan & ensure that the annual plan of operations for both commercial and open areas comply with standards and service level agreements
- Develop a pre-harvest plan per compartment in collaboration with the Contractor and Silviculture.
- Ensure that road maintenance expenditure remains within budget parameters.
- Conduct interim inspections to monitor and ensure adherence to safety and mill quality specifications.
- Ensure daily production targets are managed effectively in order to ensure that the target tons/per day are achieved.
- Communicate with Logistics in order to ensure optimum delivery planning is implemented.
- Conduct a risk assessment per compartment in order to mitigate potential risks.
- Scheduling of short-haul and loading operations to ensure rail/road transport is released on time.
Qualification & Experience:
- National Diploma in Forestry or related qualification
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of three years relevant experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Bulwer, Kwazulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A