Website South African Revenue Service - SARS
An exciting opportunity is available for a forward thinking, self-motivated and dynamic SAP Functional Consultant with a passion to develop applications to solve complex business problems. The applicant will be responsible for the configuration and development of software solutions within the SARS SAP HCM Personnel Time Mangement module and will need to possess strong analytical and technical skillsets and be able to work closely with business representaties in a fast paced and ever changing environment. This well-seasoned, proactive and energetic applicant will be required to take initiative and make quick decisions in order to meet orgnaisational requirements.
- Incident Resolution for severity 2 and 3 issues and assist with Business escalations for issues raised
- Accumulate information to review work progress that provides input to reporting, decision making and the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Ensure that completed work adhere to relevant policies, procedures, governance and legislative requirements and report on deviations & discrepancies.
- Acts as liaison with client for troubleshooting: investigate, analyse, and solve SAP related application problems and map client business requirements, processes and objectives and develop necessary product modifications to satisfy clients’ needs.
- Plan for value-added process improvements, initiatives and services to deliver on operational strategy and objectives.
- Correctly apply policies, practices, standards, procedures and legislation in the delivery of work outputs.
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior resource within area of work/expertise
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Draw on own knowledge and experience to diagnose symptoms, causes and possible effects in order to solve emerging problems.
- Initiate process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and SARS role players to achieve predefined objectives.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the organization and adhere to all organizational standards
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- Efficiency improvement
- Business Knowledge
- GOC Confidential
- Application, Configuration & Optimisation (IT)
- IT Knowledge
Qualification & Experience:
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND (s), AND 10 years related experience in SAP HCM functional specialist level.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) AND 5-7 years’ experience in a SAP HCM environment, of which 2-3 years ideally at a SAP HCM functional specialist level.
Company: South African Revenue Service – SARS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A