Website South African Revenue Service - SARS
SARS is looking for a skilled, results driven and passionate Senior Manager with proven legislative and interpretative experience, who will contribute to SARS’s higher purpose. S/he will be responsible for managing and maintaining the national indirect tax policy and will be working closely within a diverse team of specialists to provide tax clarity and certainty.
- Advice other sub-divisions and branch offices on the interpretation of legislation and form part of their technical sub-committees where necessary
- The facilitation and overseeing of the formulation of tax policy regarding the interpretation of the relevant legislation administered by SARS after researching and considering, amongst other things, existing interpretative tax policy, international practice, the alignment with the interpretation of other related taxes.
- Sign-off on recommendations in respect of amendments to the relevant legislation and assist in the development of new legislation
- Manage the process of facilitating, assisting and promoting the consistent, uniform, fair and correct application of the provisions of the relevant Acts
- Empower staff on the relevant subdivision by developing their technical expertise and skills
- Conduct and/or participate in seminars and conferences nationally and internationally on tax issues and promote the interests of SARS generally
- Conduct and/or participate in interviews/meetings with internal and/or external clients including tax practitioners, taxpayers, professional bodies and other external bodies on the determination of policy on the interpretation of the legislation.
- Manage the organisational, human and other resources under his/her control, including the relevant budget and the performance management of staff
- Reviewing of tax-technical documents in order to ensure that documents comply with quality standards and that documents are technically correct after considering the relevant facts and circumstances and researching and considering, amongst other things, existing interpretative tax policy, international practice, the alignment with the interpretation of other related taxes.
- Draw on own technical or professional expertise, knowledge & experience to identify & recommend tactical solutions to defined problems in practices.
- Legal Compliance
- Legal Knowledge and Knowledge of ethics
- Tax Knowledge
- Problem Analysis and Judgement
- Planning, Management & Measurement
- Policy Development
- Effective Business Communication
- Legal Advisory and Interpretation
- Business Knowledge
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) AND 12 – 15 years tax technical experience of which 3-4 years at management level in a tax technical environment.
- Experience in research performed, drafting and reviewing of tax opinions and comprehensive memoranda on complex matters.
- B.Com law, B. Laws (Hons), LLB, BCom Hons (Taxation), BAccSC (Hons) or, similar qualifications AND 10-12 years’ experience in a tax technical environment, of which 3-4 years at management level in a tax technical environment.
Company: South African Revenue Service – SARS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Brooklyn, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A