Website South African Revenue Service - SARS
The main purpose of this role is to conduct complex investigations in order to identify and prevent illicit financial activities in order to neutralize tax and customs-related offences. The aim of this role is to detect and neutralize activities by taxpayers and traders who choose to be non-compliant or behave criminally towards SARS in respect of all tax types, while working closely with internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Execute specialist input through investigation &opportunities within the product process including risk concern.
- Correctly apply policies, practices, standards, procedures and legislation in the delivery of work outputs.
- Initiate process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Provide specialist input through the investigation of opportunities for operational and process product and risk optimisation.
- Determine offences and recommend appropriate punitive actions according to the relevant legislation.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Draw on own knowledge and experience to diagnose symptoms, causes and possible effects in order to solve emerging problems.
- Accumulate information to review work progress that provides input to reporting, decision making and the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Appears as a specialist witness in court and attend to court proceedings as and when required.
- Hand over a completed case docket with evidence to the SAPS to enable registration and processing of the case.
- Work independently on all cases and supervise others.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Plan for value-added process improvements, initiatives and services to deliver on operational strategy and objectives.
- Substantive Law 1
- Investigative reporting
- Adjective Law 4
- Collection and preservation of evidence and the chain of custody (Investigations)
- Interviewing and interrogation (investigations)
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) in Forensic Investigations, Policing, Fraud Investigations, Taxation, Auditing, AND 5-7 years’ experience in an investigative environment, of which 2-3 years ideally at functional specialist level
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 10 years’ experience in an Investigator Role
Company: South African Revenue Service – SARS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A