The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for project support throughout the life cycle of several large projects within a program structure. Includes prefeasibility/feasibility study work, engineering, construction commissioning and start-up support as well as coordinating and leading mechanical engineering deliverables with external engineering and construction contractors. May include management of additional hired in mechanical resources to supplement owners team capacity.
- Is expected to review and approve the Mechanical design packages from ECs/suppliers/contractors
- Support and liaison with equity partners, licensees, other licensors, as well as engineering and construction contractors.
- Managing project specific Mechanical related technical queries, concession requests, corrective action reports, decisions, correspondence and changes to ensure that they are effectively negotiated and resolved against cost, schedule and integrity.
- Input into end of job, and phase cost and schedule estimates.
- Project Mechanical scope definition and development, as well as ensuring contractual fulfilment of project specific Mechanical scope.
- Identify, manage and mitigate Mechanical technical risks.
- Ensuring necessary governance processes are in place to ensure technical quality and integrity.
- Support during the project technical reviews including PFD, P&ID, HAZOP/SIL and 3D Model reviews.
- Support with defining, setting, development and compliance enforcement of project specific Mechanical standards, philosophies and best practices for Mechanical Engineering, incorporating lessons learnt and latest industry trends.
- Mechanical quality plan execution.
- Take accountability for the Mechanical engineering technology selection
- Support with defining and implementing Mechanical Engineering quality assurance standards to uphold the highest local and international standards.
- Post graduate qualification may be beneficial
- Extensive experience in multi-discipline front end and detail engineering, as well as project execution.
- University Bachelor’s Degree Engineering: Mechanical
- Professional registration (will be required within reasonable time after appointment)
- Experience in executing projects within the petrochemical space will be beneficial
- Familiar with interfaces with all engineering disciplines.
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Secunda, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A