The role is responsible for the implementation of a management system to secure environmental licenses related to EIAs, air, water, waste for all Projects and Engineering projects from initiation to execution. The role will ensure the application of environmental legislative requirements throughput the project life cycle and provide assurance on compliance. The role is expected to manage and co-ordinate a number of projects in different phases, as well as consultants across different geographical areas.
- Provide comments and input on draft legislation
- Maintain a link with Corporate SHE to ensure alignment and source advanced legal input and guidance as required
- Support business and function with implementation of strategies and ensure results and compliance
- Manage and maintain relationships with authorities at local, provincial and national level
- Assess legal compliance status of permits, licenses and authorisations and facilitate the implementation of corrective actions and environmental improvement plans aligned with One SHE Excellence game plan. Evaluate and improve system to monitor and measure.
- Translate environmental legislation into business language and identify compliance challenges or risks.
- Provide input to obtain and amend relevant environmental licenses/permits/authorisations.
- Compile and submit business reports monthly/quarterly/annually to the relevant governance structures and corporate SHE to assure effectiveness of SHE risks management
- Enable compliance/disclosure and engage stakeholders on environmental compliance and performance.
- Simplify processes inside and outside the unit and communicate and execute changes and improvements. Participate in communication processes with relevant stakeholders (such as project teams and departments, etc.) to share business frameworks and ways of working.
Qualification & Experience:
- University Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ relevant years
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Secunda, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A