- Effective operation of control room activities
- Monitor, control & record all shaft underground & surface variables for optimal performance during a shift.
- Data logging
- Controlling surface, shaft & underground operations
- Activate relevant fire alarm system/evacuation procedure
- Monitoring and recording anomalies at the loading box and skip conditions
- Identify and report any sudden changes in monitoring data.
- Generating improvement ideas
- Assisting during breakdowns or emergencies
- React appropriately to any abnormal activities & notify relevant shaft supervisor
- Monitoring conveyor transfer box conditions
- Ensuring high standard of safety
- Escalating abnormal operations problems to appropriate supervisor or manager
- Coordinating control room activities
- Associated member – Mine Ventilation Society of South Africa.
- Experience of at least 2 years in the Mining and / or Refining environment
- Computer literate in MS Office, SAP, and other specialised technical programs
- Chamber of Mines Intermediate Certificate in Mine Environmental Control
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre
- Practical experience of at least 2 years in the Ventilation and Occupational Hygiene Field.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Rustenburg, North West, SA
Application Deadline: N/A