An opportunity has become available in our buying team for a Buyer in our Womenswear area. If you’re passionate about Streetwear, product development and have sound buying experience then this is the position for you.
- Formulate departmental strategies to maximize sales and then timeously source and secure stock to implement strategies.
- Successfully source and procure a range of Womenswear.
- Assess complex situations and implement workable solutions.
- Work closely with the planner, through analysis of previous sales patterns, market trends and brand initiatives.
- Procure and range build appropriate ranges aligned to the strategy with special attention to quick response and trading opportunities.
- Build and maintain good relationships with staff, suppliers (both nationally & internationally) and key functions in the business.
- Think in terms of the “big picture” as well as consider specifics and detail.
- A working knowledge of the current computer software packages (knowledge of Excel, Word & E-mail would be preferable).
- An interest in and knowledge of trends.
- Have a strong business acumen and merchant thinking
- Excellent planning, organising and interpersonal skills
- Be and communicate at all levels.
- A proven solid track record in buying
Qualification & Experience:
- Have a high degree of decision making ability and be service orientated
- Have experience as a buyer (3+ year essential)
- Have a high degree of organisation and prioritization skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Buying
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A