takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Marketplace Analyst to join our team in Cape Town.
- Provide analytical support to other Marketplace functional areas, where analysis or technical advice is required.
- Devise frameworks for annual commercial and strategic planning for Marketplace, including the development of new appropriate key performance metrics, as the business unit matures.
- Compile business specifications for the development of required Marketplace Business Intelligence dashboards.
- Help spread technical knowledge and skills throughout the Marketplace team, through hands-on guidance and teaching, for such skills as advanced Excel, Google Sheets or writing SQL.
- Implement and compile the analysis of yearly performance metrics as specified by the commercial and strategic plan for Marketplace, including seller acquisition and retention, selection growth and listings retention, seller operational performance, and financial order economics where required.
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, using data to inform decisions
- Strong aptitude to learn new systems
- Ability to manage complex interfaces & senior relationships
- Logical individual, motivated by building workable solutions
- Strong prioritization and managerial skills
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years analytical, finance or management consulting experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Information Systems, Engineering or Computer Science
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Retail
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A