Takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented International Accounts Payable Team Leader to join our Finance Team in Cape Town.
- Work closely with import clearing agencies, international trade department and buying team, to optimize processes and automate transactional flow
- Develop and implement standardized departmental controls and policies to ensure increased accuracy and efficiency, to scale International trade..
- Full ownership of all supporting documentation flow, relating to direct imports, in line with best practice and relevant legislation
- Build, train, manage, maintain and an effective and independent team, to handle day-to-day responsibilities.
- Manage the supplier onboarding and maintenance process, including continuing development of the process at scale
- Review supplier reconciliations to ensure completeness and accuracy of payments
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently
- Continuous improvement- and scaling mindset
- Ability to lead from the front
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in managing a team
- Relevant tertiary qualification in accounting (BCom Accounting preferred)
- 3-4 years experience in International Accounts Payable or similar position for Trade suppliers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Retail
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A