A QA API Analyst’s job duties include planning, designing, and evaluating products, as well as collaborating with production management. The QA API Analyst makes sure that the finished product can be identified easily and tested thoroughly. Testing returned units, collecting data, and analyzing patterns are also among the test engineer’s duties.
- Perform regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Troubleshoot issues experienced during testing
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Provide daily & weekly status test reporting to team lead
- Create test plans and test cases per business requirements
- API backend testing (REST services, Kafka, SQL) using Postman and automation
- Read and comprehend requirements for testing
- Analyse requirements and identify test criteria
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems quickly and creatively.
- Self-motivated with strong capability of fast learning
- Quick learner and can adapt to multiple project environments in a shorter time frame
- The ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and within the team
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 years Software testing (API and SQL DB).
- Experience in testing multiple platforms that communicate with backend APIs and databases
- 2 years backend API automation experience using a programming language.
- Experience managing testing throughout the SDLC
- Bachelors Degree or Advanced Diploma in Computer Science/Software Engineering/related technical discipline with 5 years of Technical backend testing applications solid experience.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Retail
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A