Takealot Group, (Takealot.com, Superbalist.com & Mr D Food), South Africa’s leading online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Senior Data Engineer with Python experience to join our team in Cape Town.
- Implementing features, technology, and processes that move us towards industry best practices, improving on scalability, efficiency, reliability, and security
- Contributing to our data democratisation and literacy vision by making accessible and easy-to-use data products and tools
- Designing, developing, and testing large stream data pipelines to ingest, aggregate, clean, and distribute data models ready for analysis
- Collaborating with other engineers, ML experts, analysts, and stakeholders to produce the most efficient and valuable solutions
- Is curious, always learning, and keeping up to date with the industry
- Is a team player, an active listener, mentor, and able to communicate well
- Shows solid reasoning and decision making, with the ability to work under pressure
- Has a deep understanding of data pipelining, streaming, and Big Data technologies, methods, patterns, and techniques.
- Has a solid grasp on data modeling, schema design, data warehouse, and data lake design and implementation
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with stream data pipeline frameworks or solutions such as Apache Flink, Apache Beam, Storm, Databricks, etc.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a software/technology environment is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering
- Experience with data warehousing, data lakes, lambda/kappa architectures
- Experience working in cloud environments and with containerisation frameworks, tools and platforms (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, GKE, etc.)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Retail
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A