The Release Engineering Team (RET) is a division of Takealot’s Engineering team focused on developing tools, solutions and platform which would enable developers to build and deploy software in a safe, secure and continuous manner, whilst maintaining quality. They are a dedicated team of engineers who are responsible for CI/CD solutions, test automation frameworks, cloud & on-prem environments and tools & processes related to build and deployment.
- Work closely with DevOps, SRE, QA, Security, Data Engineering and Development teams, to support and maintain Takealot’s software ecosystem.
- Implementing innovative CI/CD solutions and showcase its business value to the senior management and the wider Engineering audience.
- Drive tooling, culture, and automation to reduce friction for the Engineering team
- Work across multiple technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker and Helm.
- Design, develop and maintain internal libraries, tooling and systems
- Provide on-call production support for the systems and services managed by RET.
- Architect and implement CI/CD processes and solutions to drive continuous deployments with velocity
- Shows solid reasoning and decision making
- Can write code (we use Python mostly, also some GroovyLang)
- Strong knowledge on containerization and container orchestration tools.
- Is a team player, an active listener, and is able to communicate well
- Is solutions oriented, and can break down complex problems
- Is passionate about technology, keeping up to date with the industry, always learning
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with defining a CI/CD strategy and framework for an organization.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the software engineering domain.
- Must have strong experience with container orchestration tools like Kubernetes (running an application, using helm, etc.)
- Must have hands-on experience with minimum one build and deploy systems such as Gitlab, Jenkins, Spinnaker, etc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Retail
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A