Takealot.com, South Africa’s leading online retailer, is looking for a highly talented BI Engineer to join our team in Cape Town.
- Ensuring that the data pipelines and general support infrastructure continue to run and operate in the most efficient manner.
- Help to migrate the old QlikView and QlikSense models to our new Event-Driven Kappa architecture built on BigQuery, DataForm and Looker.
- Analyses business and functional requirements and translates these requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions.
- Provide operational support, bug fixes, and performance enhancements.
- Design and implement reporting and analytical solutions.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality work, in a fast-paced environment
- Focus on getting the job done, but have fun doing so
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy
- Have an interest in e-commerce, building a brand and business
- Taking ownership and displaying accountability in the work required of you
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years SQL experience
- 1 – 2 years of Python coding experience
- 4 – 6 years related experience
- Have experience with Google Cloud, or another cloud provider (architecture, operations)
- Have experience with Build Systems (Jenkins, Gitlab, Spinnaker)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience using a BI reporting tools (e.g. QlikView, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Looker, etc.)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Retail
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A