Website Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa - ISASA
- Raising the profile of the Afrikaans in the Senior and FET Phase
- Ensure efficient use of resources, creativity and innovation in lesson development and implementation
- Ensure quality delivery of lessons and projects
- To deliver outstanding student outcomes and to support colleagues in achieving the same.
- Contribute to school development as a member of the team
- To keep up to date with national developments in relevant subject and teaching practice and methodology.
- Update the Head of School, other senior managers and the Governing Body on the effectiveness of the provision in your subject area
- To support staff in achieving excellence in their work.
- Lead by example as a teacher and as a manager achieving high standards of student attainment and progress, behavior and motivation through effective teaching
- To advise senior colleagues on teaching and learning and to contribute to policy and practice across the school.
- Undertake duties as directed by the Head of School.
- Willing to extend self in professional development
- Able to incorporate technology into teaching practice, show creativity and motivation in the classroom and work effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate with the relevant age group
- Solid understanding of enquiry based teaching and learning
- Clear criminal record
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team-player with considerable interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and the ability to respond positively to change
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in teaching Afrikaans in the Senior and FET Phase
- IEB experience is essential
- SACE registered
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Bachelor’s Degree with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), majoring in the Afrikaans Language
Company: Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa – ISASA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Lyndhurst, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A