Website University of Johannesburg
The Department of Education Leadership and Management is one of five departments in the Faculty of Education at UJ. The Department endeavours to fulfil the vision, mission and strategic objectives of UJ with a focus on preparing students to be leading practitioners by dynamically shaping education leadership and management.
- Involvement in core activities of the department such as academic administration, research, short-course development and marketing.
- Involvement in teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in contact, blended and online modes of delivery.
- Involvement in curriculum development and teaching in the department’s online programmes i.e Honours, Masters, and ADE in School Leadership and Management.
- Research supervision of Honours, Master’s and Doctoral postgraduate students in the field of education management and leadership.
- Involvement in community engagement and continuous professional development of leadership at school, district and senior management levels.
- Good interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to collaborate with colleagues
- Well-developed scholarship of teaching and learning
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills
- An outstanding classroom practitioner with the ability to use a range of technology-enhanced tools
- Adept at teaching and development of materials for online education
Qualification & Experience:
- Applicable PhD/DEd/DPhil degree
- Experience in securing research funding
- At least 3 years teaching experience at the tertiary level
- Experience in leading research and/or leadership development projects
- Experience in blended/online teaching
Company: University of Johannesburg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Education and Training
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A