Website University of Johannesburg
To deliver a competitive fitness facility across all campuses to attract members and to increase member retention through effective and innovative business management, building relationships, conducting fitness initiatives and promoting ancillary products and services to members.
- Teamwork and collaboration to ensure the effective drive of all staff to achieve targets.
- Plan effective cost control strategy and management of assets.
- Maintaining high levels of customer care, often with a particular focus on avoiding the loss of existing members.
- Ensure development and maintenance of key relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Recruit, appoint, train, and supervise staff, including managing staff in the line of personal development, achieving targets, shift rosters etc.
- Effective financial management in line with university policies.
- Promoting UJ Values: Imagination, Conversation, Regeneration, and Ethical Foundation. Management of the Gymnasiums within UJ Sport.
- Proven ability to produce high-level reports
- The ability to perform under pressure
- Good Management, Planning and Organisation skills
- Conversant with Microsoft office packages
- Analyse and resolve problems and situations effectively
- Excellent writing, verbal and electronic communication skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Two (2) to (3) three years’ experience in Management of a Gymnasium or Sport related facility Health and fitness working experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (NQF Level 7) in Sport, preferably in Sport management or Sport Science
- Post grad degree in Sports Degree (i.e Sport management or Sport Science) but not compulsory
- Relevant post-graduate Management, health and fitness-related courses
Company: University of Johannesburg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Education and Training
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A