University of Cape Town
The FitzPatrick Institute of African Ornithology, based in the Department of Biological Sciences at UCT, is a leading ornithological research institute and is dedicated to post-graduate studies in avian biology and conservation. The Institute currently has five academic staff, five support staff, more than 50 postgraduate students and several postdoctoral fellows. It contains the Niven Library, the largest ornithological collection in the Southern Hemisphere, which houses the joint holdings of the Institute and BirdLife South Afric
- To foster an inclusive and welcoming environment for students from a diversity of backgrounds.
- To contribute to teaching in the Department of Biological Sciences.
- To maintain a research program, involving postgraduate student training, in avian biology, particularly studies of living birds and their conservation.
- To provide educational and research leadership in modern approaches to avian biology and conservation.
- A relevant PhD and proven record of internationally recognized scholarship and a demonstrated commitment to stimulate research and postgraduate studies;
- A track record of attracting external funding;
- Proven administrative and managerial skills, including the ability to formulate budgets and control expenditure.
- A record of forging interdisciplinary and cross-institutional linkages;
- A strong track record of teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- A track record of providing inspiring and unifying leadership and mentorship to diverse teams;
Company: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A