Website Old Mutual
This role uses specialist technical knowledge to assess risk for the business and/or specific products. The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through own efforts.
- Determines, selects and accepts risk and/or liability on behalf of the organisation (either medical or financial).
- Evaluates proposals and medical / financial evidence against business rules and practices.
- Uses specialist technical knowledge (medical or financial) to assess risk for business and/or specific products (Underwriter – inclusive of Financial Risk assessment, Age Assessment, Health Risk (Anti Selection Risk)
- based on size and cover, governance assessment, Quality management all done within the underwriting guidelines and product rules.
- Uses specialist technical knowledge to evaluate and manage the validity of contracts and determine and manage the liability of claims (Assessor).
- Acts as mentor and coach for new staff.
- Exercises discretion in decision making within standardised practice.
Company: Old Mutual
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A