Website South African Revenue Service - SARS
To provide highly analytical design thinking input, advice and guidance using your outstanding technical communication skills and subject matter expertise to ensure practical design alignment for all existing and forthcoming technology solutions by ensuring that all modernisation and enhancement initiatives are carefully and consistently evaluated against a non-exhaustive and constantly evolving set of software design life cycle principles, methodologies, governance standards and protocols.
- Integrate business information, compare, analyse & produce reports to identify trends, discrepancies & inconsistencies for decision making purposes.
- Communicate a meaningful operational context that promotes the implementation of best practice, operational efficiency, and client service delivery.
- Proactively identify interconnected problems, determine its impact, and use to develop best fit alternatives; best practice implementation solutions.
- Check completeness, validity, relevance, and corrective actions where necessary, in order to maintain set standards and achieve set objectives.
- Develop a single practice area in alignment with operational activity and procedural frameworks and ensure tactical implementation.
- Apply and utilise systems in a manner that ensures accurate processing of information that contributes to efficient and effective completion of tasks.
- Ensure that the conceptual solution design is fit-for-purpose and in alignment with all the practical design alignment principles consistent with the organisation.
- Draw on own technical or professional expertise, knowledge & experience to identify & recommend tactical solutions to defined problems in practices.
- Plan for value-added, continuous practice & system improvements to deliver on objectives to enhance tactical implementation and excellence.
- Contribute to the optimum utilisation of org. resources, advising on effective planning and development of area of specialisation resource plans.
- Analyse and make recommendations about improvements to specialist systems, procedures, and associated area’s practice.
- Optimise goal achievement through tactical strategy implementation and optimisation of practises, processes & systems across an internal value chain.
- ICT Audit (IT) – Familiar with
- Structured Reviews (IT) Proficient in
- Networking & Comm (IT) Prof in
- Database Architecture (IT) Familiar with
- Application & Exploitation (IT) Expert in
- GOC Confidential
Qualification & Experience:
- IT Certification/s
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 15 years related experience.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) AND 8-10 years’ experience in an IT environment, of which 3-4 years ideally at an operational specialist level.
Company: South African Revenue Service – SARS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A