Website Wits Health Consortium
The researcher will conduct secondary research in support of RHAP evidence based advocacy strategies.
- Identify, build and maintain working relationships with key national, provincial and district stakeholder groups, to include public health officials, health worker associations and civil society/social justice organisations.
- Drive the development of RHAP policy briefs, fact sheets, evidence summaries, Parliamentary submissions and other policy advocacy outputs.
- Contribute to the design and drafting of research findings, publications, project updates, tool kits, guidance documents, presentations, and donor reports.
- Represent RHAP in relevant working groups and donor meetings as needed
- Identify, analyse and compile existing evidence to support RHAP’s policy priorities, and identify and evidence gaps
- Assist with research and information gathering to support proposals, policy submissions and opinion editorials.
- Refine/revise and finalise for publication existing RHAP publications and positions for external audiences (i.e., donors, media).
- Attend relevant webinars and review and consider emerging research/reports.
- High level of proficiency knowledge in Microsoft Office (EXCELL, POWERPOINT, WORD)
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment.
- Exposure to the rural implementation context and or rural origin advantageous
- Knowledge and experience in advance analytics are an advantage
Qualification & Experience:
- Evidence of research skills and ability to produce quality research reports and/or policy brief
- A degree in Public Health or related field
- 5-10 years of work experience with interest in Public Health Policy.
Company: Wits Health Consortium
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Rosebank, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A